Groundbreaking Fun Ship 2.0-Equipped Vessel Also to Offer Voyages from Norfolk, Charleston and Port Canaveral Next Summer and Fall.
Carnival Sunshine – the first ship to feature all of the line’s spectacular Fun Ship 2.0 dining, bar and entertainment innovations – will offer a unique schedule from New York in 2016 encompassing 20 voyages departing between June and October 2016.
This marks the first time that a Fun Ship 2.0-equipped ship will offer such a diverse itinerary schedule from the Big Apple with options ranging from value-packed two-day cruises to exciting 10-day Caribbean voyages.
Carnival Sunshine will also offer a series of sailings from Charleston, S.C., and Norfolk, Va., in summer and fall 2016, providing exciting new cruise choices in these markets. Following these departures from New York, Charleston and Norfolk, Carnival Sunshine will return to its current homeport of Port Canaveral, Fla., to offer a schedule of five- to eight-day Caribbean voyages from the Space Coast beginning in November 2016.
Guests sailing on these voyages can experience all that Carnival Sunshine has to offer, including a stunning three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat with its own pool and waterfall. The ship also features one-of-a-kind dining experiences like JiJi Asian Kitchen, a massive WaterWorks aqua park featuring the longest slide in the fleet, a SportSquare outdoor recreation area with a suspended ropes course, and innovative bar concepts like Havana Bar, all of which were added during a groundbreaking $155 million makeover.
“Carnival Sunshine has an extraordinary array of guest features and facilities and will provide consumers and our valued travel agent partners with a wide range of itinerary choices from these highly attractive East Coast homeports,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival’s president.
Carnival Sunshine’s 2016 schedule includes:
- Two-day cruises departing June 18 and Oct. 8, 2016
- Four-day cruises to Saint John departing June 30 and July 28, 2016
- Five-day sailings to Saint John and Halifax departing June 20 and 25 and Oct. 10, 2016
- Seven-day Canada/New England cruises to Boston, Portland, Saint John and Halifax departing Sept. 3, 10, 17 and 24 and Oct. 15, 2016
- Seven-day Bermuda cruise featuring a three-day stay in King’s Wharf departing Oct. 1
- Eight-day Exotic eastern Caribbean voyages to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk departing July 4 and 20 and Aug. 17, 2016
- Eight-day Exotic eastern Caribbean voyages to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Amber Cove (Dominican Republic) departing July 12 and Aug. 1 and 9, 2016
- Nine-day Carnival Journeys voyage departing Aug. 25 and featuring San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk
- Two-day cruise departing Nov. 11, 2016
- Four-day voyage to Nassau departing May 26, 2016
- Five-day Bahamas cruises to Nassau and Freeport departing May 21 and Nov. 6, 2016
- 10-day Carnival Journeys cruise departing May 30, 2016 and featuring St. Thomas, Antigua, Martinique, St. Kitts and San Juan
- Two-day cruises departing June 10 and Oct. 28
- Five-day voyage to Nassau and Freeport June 12
- Five-day Bermuda cruise overnighting in King’s Wharf Oct. 23
- Six-day Bahamas cruise to Nassau, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay and Freeport departing Oct. 30
- Five-day cruises to Freeport, Nassau and Half Moon Cay departing Nov. 14, 2016, Jan. 8, Feb. 19 and April 2 and 23, 2017
- Five-day cruises to Amber Cove and Grand Turk departing Dec. 26, 2016, Jan. 19 and March 12, 2017
- Seven-day eastern Caribbean sailings to Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk departing Nov. 19 and Dec. 3, 2016
- Seven-day western Caribbean cruise to Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel departing Nov. 26, 2016
- Eight-day southern Caribbean cruises visiting Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk departing Dec. 31, 2016, Jan. 21, March 4 and 25, and April 28, 2017
- Eight-day southern Caribbean voyages to Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk departing Dec. 10, 2016, Feb. 3 and April 15, 2017
- Eight-day eastern Caribbean cruises to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten departing Dec. 18, 2016, Jan. 13, Feb. 11 and 24, March 17 and April 7, 2017
- Nine-day Carnival Journeys voyage visiting St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Maarten departing April 29, 2016
In 2015, Carnival Splendor will operate a series of four- to eight-day voyages from New York to the Caribbean, New England and eastern Canada and two- to seven-day departures from Norfolk to The Bahamas and Bermuda. Carnival Sunshine replaces Carnival Splendor on the line’s departures from New York and Norfolk in 2016. Additional information on the future homeport of Carnival Splendor will be provided in the near future.
Unforgettable Experiences Onboard and Ashore
Each of these destinations offers a variety of exciting landside experiences, including world-class beaches, unique dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities, interesting landmarks and attractions and a rich history and cultures.
While aboard Carnival Sunshine, guests can enjoy the ship’s luxurious Cloud 9 Spa, savor delicious culinary choices like the Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse, the Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, and Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Food Network personality Guy Fieri. Guest can also enjoy fun entertainment options like the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, audience favorite Hasbro, The Game Show, and high-tech Playlist Productions shows.
In addition to unforgettable experiences both on board and ashore, these sailings depart from three highly convenient homeports, providing consumers with an easy and affordable means for getting to and from their “Fun Ship” cruise.
Three Carnival Sunshine voyages – the nine-day cruise departing Port Canaveral April 29, 2016, the 10-day cruise departing May 30, 2016 from Charleston and the nine-day voyage departing Aug. 25, 2016 from New York – are part of the line’s recently announced Carnival Journeys series that feature exceptional ports and unique on-board experiences showcasing local cuisine, entertainment and cultural opportunities. Enrichment seminars focusing on photography, cooking, arts and crafts, social media and celestial navigation, along with a 1980s-themed “Throwback Sea Day” and question and answer sessions with shipboard personnel, will also be offered.
Carnival Sunshine will operate three previously announced Carnival Journeys adventures in 2015-16 – an 11-day voyage departing Port Canaveral Nov. 28, 2015, a 10-day cruise departing San Juan Dec. 9, 2015, and a 13-day voyage departing Port Canaveral Feb. 21, 2016. The six Carnival Journeys cruises operated by Carnival Sunshine are the most of any Carnival ship.