The Rosalía de Castro Theatre in A Coruña received about 300 guests who attended the ceremony of the Excellence Cruise Awards, now in its thirteenth edition. The event brought together the chief executives of cruise ship companies, as well as cruise tour operators, consignees, ports and destinations, travel agents, collaborators, professionals, business managers and other suppliers of the cruise industry, as well as professionals from A Coruña and the Community of Galicia.
During an enjoyable gala directed and presented by the humourist and showman, Mr. Corrales, and enlivened by the artists of the Subcielo company with a spectacular performance of aerial acrobatics, the guests enjoyed a lively event in which the following awards were announced:
- Best Spanish Port 2019: BARCELONA PORT
- Best Crew 2019: PULLMANTUR CRUISES
- Best Popular Cruise Line 2019: MSC CRUISES
- Best Premium Cruise Line 2019: PRINCESS CRUISES
- Best Luxury Cruise Line 2019: SILVERSEA CRUISES
- Best Entertainment Onboard 2019: ROYAL CARIBBEAN
- Best Value for Money Cruise Line 2019: COSTA CRUISES
- Best Cruise Ship in the Mediterranean 2019: MSC BELLISIMA
- Best Cruise Ship in Northern Europe 2019: NORWEGIAN GETAWAY
- Best Gastronomy Experience 2019: CELEBRITY CRUISES
- Best Itinerary 2019: 3 CONTINENTS – CELESTYAL CRUISES
- Best Consumer Brand Recognition 2019: MSC CRUISES
- Best River Company 2019: CROISIEUROPE
- Best Cruise Line for the first cruise 2019: PULLMANTUR CRUISES
- Best Brand Recognition by Travel Agencies 2019: COSTA CRUISES
During the event, the following special recognitions were given:
Recognition by the Port Authority of A Coruña for their strong support for the commercial strategy of the promotion for cruise traffic and the commitment to provide quality services by offering competitive rates to cruise companies, to:
- Coruña Pilots.
- UTE Sertosa Norte – Carsa.
- Maritime Global Services.
- Corunna Cruise Terminal
Recognition by Cruises News Media Group for the best corporate social responsibility action, to:
- “4good food” program by Costa Cruises.
Recognition by the Port Authority of A Coruña for its association and loyalty with the port in recent years, to:
- Carnival UK – P&O
Recognition by the Port Authority of A Coruña to the institutional relationship within the framework of the MOU signed by both ports that has allowed a greater uptake of stopovers, to:
- Port of Leixoes
The Excellence Cruise Awards, whose first edition was held in 2008 in Barcelona, are decided by the votes of national cruise passengers and travel agencies and they are a brand of CruisesNews Media Group, organiser of the International Cruise Summit in Madrid and editor of CruisesNews magazine.
This edition, promoted and sponsored by the Port Authority of A Coruña, the City Council of A Coruña and the Xunta de Galicia, also received sponsorship from Puertos del Estado, MEGA, Corunna Cruise Terminal, Gadis, Maritime Consiflet, Bergé, Cruises Atlantic Islands and Crucerisimo.com